Jo A. Wilkins
Videos, and other
Jo is looking for almost anything in the way of a submission except fantasy. She is a content editor for Ink & Quill and NewLink and will not read anything that conflicts with their submissions guidelines. Her main interests are science fiction, mystery, historical, memoirs and interesting educational material (but it has to have an interesting presentation). She does not read or enjoy romance based novels.
Published Content Editing Accomplishments:
1. Farmers & Mercenaries – (ISBN: 978-0-9819548-1-3) Although it says I was the line editor, I did a full content edit on the manuscript. Maxwell Alexander Drake, author -- 2009
2. Mortals & Deities – (ISBN: 978-1-936525-00-3) 2nd book in the Genesis of Oblivion Saga, Maxwell Alexander Drake – 2010
3. Dreams & Nightmares – (In Process) 3rd book of the Genesis of Oblivion Saga
4. Over the last five years, she has aided authors in assorted projects with coaching and editing. She has formally coached 20 authors, helping them prepare their work for publication.
5, Content editor for the novel A Balance Broken by Josh Hartkey. First book in the Dragon Souls Saga.
I read juvenile fiction, young adult, scifi, young adult paranormal romance and historical fiction as well. I have edited fantasy and mainstream literature. I do not like, nor will I read, submissions of erotica or those with excessive swearing. I look forward to working with seasoned and new authors alike. I enjoy the editing process and love being one of the first to read a good book.
1. Shelter Me- (ISBN 978-1-936525-96-6) by Judy Logan Fiction released 2013
2. Rory’s Choice- (ISBN 978-1-934051-76-4) by Janelle Evans Coming of Age Teen Fiction released 2014
3. Knight of Light- (ISBN 978-1-934051-77-1) by Annette Louise Paranormal Romance released 2014
4. Like Home- (ISBN 978-1-934051-83-2) by Jen Atkinson Romance released 2015
5. Sessy’s Journey- (ISBN 978-0-998593-10-6) by Shirley Sanders biography released 2014 available on Amazon.com
6. Facing German a Firing Squad in Twelve Hours- (ISBN 978-1-034051-71-9) by Henri Wetselaar biography released 2014 available on Amazon.com
7. The MacKenna Saga Book Two: Prophesies and Plots- (ISBN 978-1-934051-88-7) by Richard Draude Sci-fi released 2015
8. Outpost-(ISBN 978-1-934051-84-9) by Jo Wilkins and Richard Draude Sci-fi re-release 2015
9. The MacKenna Series Book One: Dreams and Deceptions- by Richard Draude Sci-fi in process.
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
― Ernest Hemingway
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
― Mark Twain
“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing
Traci is the author of two novels, is a freelance editor, proofreader and critiquer, and a co-host for The World Of Ink Network's blog talk radio. She contributes to two blogs-Writing Blind and A Few Steps Into The Darkness, which have over 15,000 viewers. Her work with Ink & Quill Publishers has been in editing Gilded Shadows by Stephanie Ciaphalo, while contracting independently with various other authors. Her preferred genres include: Contemporary and paranormal Romance, Westerns, Historical fiction and non-fiction, in adult,Young adult and New Adult age groups. She has been on staff with Ink & Quill Publishers since July of 2014.
As a staff editor for Mystic Publishers Inc., I enjoy working with authors to hone their manuscripts for publication. A UNR grad and a Las Vegas native, I love working for a book publisher that is passionate about working with new and local authors. Prior experience in science and business as a technical writer a has given me insight into crafting a well-written document, especially when applied to book editing, and has allowed me to apply my business and technical skills to all aspects of book publishing. A background in geography and architecture has allowed me to see the world as uniquely connected place that is bound by space, perspective, perception and exploration and has consequently influenced my reading preferences. I enjoy reading non-fiction, Sci-Fi, fantasy fiction, history, mystery/suspense, and exploration/odyssey epics.